Jonah Engler’s mindfulness, in the case of adult people, has been studied for decades. And this practice comes with multiple benefits. But when it comes to mindfulness and kids, its research is not as extensive. As that of adults, but the good news is that studies are growing quickly, and the outcomes are promising. Practicing mindfulness is not restricted only to adults. The truth is, mastering mindfulness techniques will provide kids with many cognitive, emotional, and social benefits.
In the last couple of years, multiple research projects. And studies have shed light on the perks of mindfulness for every age group. Not every person takes up this practice, yet big brands. Such as Google, General Mills, and Target are making their practice accessible to employees for reducing stress and cultivating creativity. Schools abroad are making the utmost of mindfulness curriculums and methods to aid students to succeed. In short, it does make sense, in the beginning, to teach kids at a young age about these skills.
Jonah Engler’s Tips on Ways of Practicing Mindfulness for Kids
To teach kids mindfulness, that art to pay attention to, and focus on feelings and body sensations as they happen will give kids. The ability to adjust and deal with the stressors which they are likely to experience daily. This practice of mindfulness boosts. The connectivity amid the amygdala & various parts of the brain. Accountable for a successful emotional regulation, coping with feelings, and the ability to think constructively. As these connections begin to create, the qualities of attention spans, impulse control, compassion, patience, and kindness are improved.
According to Jonah Engler, it also comprises the ability to recognize and soothing oneself from strong feelings. Finally, the outcome is a resilient child that is less likely to feel overwhelmed via their feelings. To add to it, mindfulness also works wonders in developing observational skills. Which results in concentration and problem-solving skills, which are vital for learning. Take a look at the two crucial tips on the ways of practicing mindfulness for kids,
- Begin in a simple way- What is the meaning of mindfulness? It is a tough subject for adults in understanding it fully; hence do not try in confusing and overwhelming kids. The best way is to begin is by asking the little ones to practice meditation via emphasizing what he/she feels and thinks at the moment. At what pace are they breathing? Do they feel any emotions? Are there any thoughts that are going on in their minds?
- Include Daily Activities- During family meals, it is great to encourage kids to be present during that moment. Rather than scarfing down the meal. Encourage them to smell as well as taste the food, which will help them in describing the aromas and flavors. By slowing down as well as taking time to enjoy their meals. Kids will learn to concentrate better and also slow down.
Jonah Engler’s Importance of Mindfulness for Kids
Mindfulness offers kids with practical and simple tools for working with the nervous systems directly, assisting them in regulating emotional states and focusing attention.
- Improves Attention- The mindfulness in kids begins through learning focusing skills. The moment kids start learning on focusing on a single thing such as sound, breath, or taste, their mind will calm down and also grow stronger. In return, refined concentration skills help in translating to improved performance. This helps kids in performing better in arts, school, or sports, and also helps them in scoring high on exams. A person will always perform better when he/she is capable of paying attention to what they are doing.
- Improve Self-regulation- The moment kids begin practicing to focus on skills, they will become aware of what his/her mind is up to. The practice of mindfulness will help kids in dealing with tough emotions, along with improving impulse control. It helps in replacing impulsive reactions through thoughtful responses. In the absence of mindfulness, one tends to be reactive, while with mindfulness, they will respond in a way that is balanced and rational. Finally, kids will learn the art to steady themselves that too under sympathetic arousal for accessing cognitive skills.
Jonah Engler’s Kids The Tool For Focusing Their Minds
It is mindfulness that provides kids the tool for focusing their minds, calming down, and reflecting on situations when they require in making a choice. The moment one is aware of their inner life and is capable of observing it, thoughts and emotions are likely to lose their control over others, and they get more time in responding. Through the practice of mindfulness, one can make the space amid the things which happen and how they react to them. They tend to respond in a balanced way without hurting other’s feelings.
- Develop Life Skills- Today, more and more schools are practicing mindfulness programs. Some of the real benefits of practicing mindfulness for kids include increased conflict-resolution skills. Increased compassion, emotional regulation, decreased stress, improved grades, and improved focus. Besides, leading musicians, athletes, and others that require performing under high-pressure use mindfulness techniques. Today students are being placed increasingly into high-stake environments, and here mindfulness practice acts as a savior.
The different areas in which students can improve via practicing mindfulness accurately include family life, peer interactions, music, sports, public speaking, and test-taking. In short, you can consider mindfulness as an essential life skill that can work wonders in improving performance. In different areas of life, such as social interaction, arts, sports, and school. Positive qualities that can develop by practicing mindfulness include compassion, generosity, well-being, kindness, and empathy.
The youth of the current generation leads a solitary life and is more sheltered than the earlier generations. It is safety concerns that stop parents from allowing their little one in spending time outside sans supervision. Kids today are packed up with activities right from school, language lessons, sports league, and music classes. Thus, practicing mindfulness for kids, especially in the current generation. Has become extremely crucial to help them stay in the pink of health both mentally and physically.