No relationship is perfect, and all couples need guidance at some point or another.
That’s why Jonah Engler put together a list of 16 books that every couple needs on their relationship shelf.
Jonah Engler- From helping you communicate better to reigniting the spark in your relationship, these books will help you strengthen your bond and make your relationship stronger than ever.
1. The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts by Gary Chapman
In this book, Dr. Chapman outlines five different love languages – quality time, words of affirmation, gifts, acts of service, and physical touch – and explains how understanding your partner’s love language can help you build a more meaningful relationship.
2. Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement without Giving In by Roger Fisher and William Ury
This classic negotiation textbook provides a step-by-step guide to reaching agreements with others, even when you don’t see eye-to-eye.
3. The Gottman Relationship Checkup by John Gottman and Nan Silver
Based on over four decades of research, this book offers an assessment of your relationship health and provides strategies for improving your relationship.
4. Communication Miracles for Couples: Easy Steps to More Love, Less Conflict by Gary Chapman and Jennifer Thomas
If you’re looking for ways to communicate better with your partner, this book is a great place to start.
5. The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work by John Gottman
In this book, Dr. Gottman offers seven key principles for creating a successful marriage, backed by scientific evidence.
6. His Needs, Her Needs: Building an Affair-Proof Marriage by Willard Harley, Jr.
This book offers a comprehensive approach to meeting the needs of both husbands and wives in order to create a lasting, happy marriage.
7. Love Sense: The Revolutionary New Science of Romantic Relationships by Sue Johnson
Dr. Johnson’s book explores how we form and maintain romantic relationships, and offers evidence-based advice for improving your love life.
8. Maintaining Your Sanity While Married to a Military Man: A Survival Guide by Kathy Buckworth
If you’re married to or know someone who’s married to a member of the military, this is the perfect book for you.
9. Red Hot Monogamy: Making Sexy, Satisfying, and Committed Relationships Last by Dr. Laura Berman
In this book, Dr. Berman offers advice for couples looking to keep the spark alive in their relationship.
10. The Relationship Cure: A Five Step Program to Strengthen Your Marriage, Family, and Friendships by John Gottman and Joan DeClaire
This book offers a practical, step-by-step guide to improving all of your relationships.
11. The 8 Keys to Happiness: How to Keep Love and Life from Running on Autopilot by Jeffrey Bernstein
This book provides concrete steps for achieving lasting happiness in your life.
12. 100 Ways to Create a Loving Relationship by Jill McDevitt
This book is packed with ideas for strengthening your relationship, including communication exercises, tips for resolving conflicts, and more.
13. The Couple’s Guide to Intimacy: How to Create a More Connective and Passionate Relationship by Barry and Emily McCarthy
This book offers advice for couples looking to improve their physical and emotional intimacy.
14. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
This touching novel tells the story of a man named Enzo who loves life and learning, and shares his wisdom on love and relationships.
15. Getting Past Your Breakup: A Step-by-Step Program for Healing Your Heart by Susan Anderson
If you’re struggling to get over a recent breakup, this book can help. It provides a step-by-step program for healing your heart and moving on.
16. The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts by Gary Chapman
This is the book that started it all – if you’re looking for a comprehensive guide to understanding love, look no further.
Jonah Engler Silberman concludes,these are just a few of the great books out there on relationships. Whether you’re looking to improve your marriage, strengthen your friendships, or simply learn more about love, these books can provide you with invaluable insight and advice. So pick up a copy today, and get started on creating the relationship you’ve always wanted!
There are many great books out there on relationships, and the list above is just a sampling. Whether you’re looking to improve your marriage, strengthen your friendships, or simply learn more about love and relationships, there’s a book out there for you. So get reading!